Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thee escape journal


Day 1

Our journey began as we escaped New York. The rain was falling thick as nails. It was as if the buildings had all been filled with water then jabbed with pins and they all exploded drops of rain. We flipped our collars to our thick black winter coats, this awkward black thing hugged me with each of its arms over mine as we swung through the city. For a moment I was warm,for this moment I felt safe. I found a small child gliding down 2nd ave, lost in the streets flood. I lifted him up into my arms. Its naked pale body was lighter than a balloon, I almost through it into the air surprised by its lightness, I mean lightness the boy's pale skin shined like a white bulb. I dropped the child and let it be swept by the surge of water.
"Jesus" I said, realizing I was actually attempting to speak to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment